Lee Hood Will Speak at ‘Xconomy Forum: Seattle Biotech Seizes the Momentum’
Dr. Lee Hood will be one of the featured speakers during the next Xconomy Forum on Seattle’s biotech revival. The event takes place on May 6 at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
Biotech has roared back to life the past couple years, perhaps more than any other U.S. economic sector. Seattle’s biotech community is no different. Last year’s signs of revival include the ascendance of Juno Therapeutics, the burgeoning pipeline of Seattle Genetics, the kickoff of a study that could become a key part of the national precision medicine initiative, and Celgene’s decision to build an R&D center in town.
How should Seattle biotech seize the momentum? Join us at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center to take part in the discussion.
- Gary Gilliland, President and Director, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Randy Schatzman, CEO, Alder Biopharmaceuticals
- Lee Hood, President, The Institute for Systems Biology
- Chad Robins, President and CEO, Adaptive Biotechnologies
- Bob Nelsen, Co-founder and Managing Director, ARCH Venture Partners
- Heather Franklin, CEO, Blaze Bioscience
- Hans Bishop, CEO, Juno Therapeutics
- Charlotte Hubbert, Program Investment Officer, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Vikram Jandhyala, Vice President for Innovation, UW Center for Commercialization
- Matt McIlwain, Managing Director, Madrona Venture Group
- Mike Gallatin, Senior Advisor, Frazier Healthcare